Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tarte Maracuja Oil

Total Score
A-
Ease of Use
10
Price
7
Health
10
Effectiveness
9
Results
9


I was 22 when I first noticed fine lines developing under my eyes.  Since then, I have tried everything I could think of to make them disappear. I begged. I pleaded.  I slathered lots of moisturizer on them praying they would iron themselves out. They haven’t. Short of plastic surgery, I fear they are here to stay.  It could be genetic.  It could be the 20 minutes a day, every day I spent in a tanning bed my entire senior year of high school.  It could be stress.  But, the fine lines under my eyes are something I will now be battling the rest of my life.

Having heard amazing things about Tarte Maracuja Oil, I decided to give it a try.  It’s definitely strange to get used to putting oil on your face every day.  After all, since battling acne in middle school haven’t we all been taught that oil on our skin was the enemy?  Oil is credited with making our faces shiny and prone to break outs.  Lots of foundations boast being “oil-free.”  But after doing some research it turns out that oil can actually be very good for our skin.  Asian skin contains more oils, and as a result, their skin ages much more slowly. 

Maracuja Oil goes on very smoothly, and my skin soaked it up immediately.  Within 5 minutes, I was left with very soft and smooth skin (and no greasy feeling!)  Each bottle of Maracuja Oil contains 45 Maracuja super fruits, more commonly known as passion fruit.  It is rich in vitamin C, which aids the production on collagen, and can help reverse DNA damage to skin cells-- a huge deal for someone like me who is struggling with wrinkles already!   Maracuja Oil is also high in other amino acids which offer anti-inflammatory benefits.  My only complaint about this product is the smell.  It’s not necessarily an offensive smell, it just doesn’t smell good.  Tarte, as always, is a brand that tries to stay away from artificial ingredients and additives.  And although I don’t love the smell, I appreciate a natural product.

I have been using Maracuja Oil for about 2 days.  I haven’t noticed any improvement in the fine lines under my eyes, yet.  I’m still hopeful!  But even if they don’t disappear I think I will continue to use it.  My skin feels healthier and more balanced.  It doesn’t make any sense to me, but by using oil on my face, my skin actually feels less oily at the end of the day.  It also helps my foundation go on more evenly and smoothly.  This product is definitely a keeper.

At $46, this product is at the top of my blog’s price range (<$50).  However, as far as anti-aging skin products go, it’s a bargain.  Also, it can be found on other websites, like amazon, at a huge discount. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment