Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chanel Le Volume Mascara



Total Score
C+
Ease of Use
9
Price
4
Health
5
Effectiveness
10
Results
10

 

Being born a blonde has some advantages (I save a lot of money on highlights!) but one of the biggest disadvantages is blonde eye lashes.  I’m always looking for a mascara that will make my almost non-existent lashes look bigger, fuller, and thicker. 

My naked lashes:



So last Black Friday when Chanel came out with Le Volume mascara, I decided to make my first ever Chanel purchase and splurge on it. Overall, I’ve absolutely loved the results. 

My lashes after ONE COAT of Chanel Le Volume mascara:



Pretty impressive right?! That’s why I’m sad about having to give it such a low rating.  Let me explain.  I deducted a point for ease of use because it does clump slightly, and it takes a little extra time to work on separating your lashes.  Le Volume features a snowflake brush, which fully grasps your lashes and applies the mascara evenly, but some clumping can be expected from even the best volumizing mascara.  It is fairly easy to remove while washing your face, but stays looking perfect all day long. At $30 a tube, it is fairly expensive for mascara (of course, it’s Chanel!)  I consider the price to be worth it though, because high quality mascara can be used for up to a year.  I have been using this tube for about 3 months nearly every day and there is still plenty left in the tube and it has shown no sign of clumping.  Chanel has still not removed harmful chemicals from their makeup, which accounts for the deduction of points in health.  So, even though the results are phenomenal and this is the most effective mascara I have ever used, I was forced to give it a low rating.  Regardless of price and harmful chemicals, I just don’t think this is something I’m going to be giving up anytime soon!

Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. You are so knowledgeable about makeup. The way you described it was awesome. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pretty! i nominated you for a versatile blogger award! follow this link for what to do:

    http://lovemeganalexis.blogspot.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab. I got a sample of this from the SA at the Chanel counter and can't wait to open it. Sad thing is, if I do, I'll have to finish it asap, but I already have two full-size mascaras open :(
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lashes after ONE COAT of Chanel Le Volume mascara: ... mascaracn.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete